Office of Registrar General
Registrar General’s Office (R.G.O) also known as the IP Office of Lesotho is a section within the Attorney General’s Chambers, under the Ministry of Justice and Law and Parliamentary Affairs.
· To provide prompt, efficient and effective legal services to Government Ministries, Departments, Agencies and the nation at large.
· Registration of legal rights pertaining to Patents, Trademarks, and Designs (Industrial property rights), societies, marriages, citizenships and publications.
· Registration of societies
· Registration of marriages
· Registration of citizenships
· Registration of publications
· Collection of revenue for the government
· The Office is also the custodian of national records relating to the above-mentioned documents.
·The Office is headed by the Registrar General, assisted by the Deputy Registrar General
·The general public
·African Regional Intellectual Property Organization (ARIPO)
·World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)